The Canadian Federation of University Women - Brampton is pleased to announce its 2014 Scholarship Winners in the City of Brampton. Members of the Canadian Federation of University Women are committed to the pursuit of knowledge, the promotion of education, and the status of women and human rights. It is for these reasons that CFUW Brampton has supported the education of women by awarding more than $120,000 in scholarships since the local club's inception.
In its 53 years of service, CFUW Brampton has seen dynamic growth in our city. CFUW Brampton is proud to meet the challenge of offering a scholarship to each of Brampton's 22 Public and Catholic Secondary Schools with graduating classes. The club has established the following criteria for awarding our scholarships: the recipient must be a female student residing in the city of Brampton who has achieved academic excellence while participating fully in a variety of school and community activities. All recipients must be entering a degree granting course in a Canadian university.
Close to $1 million in scholarships and bursaries was awarded by the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) Clubs across the country this past year. Susan Murphy, National President of CFUW, announced that "this is an annual contribution Clubs make to demonstrate their commitment to the education of girls and women. We know that these scholarships and fellowships have an impact on thousands of lives every year."
The major fund-raising event for the CFUW Brampton 2015 Scholarships will be a spring fashion show on Sunday April 26th, 2015. For further information, call Nancy Moon at (905) 457-9035.
The CFUW Scholarship Fund is a registered Canadian charity. Official tax receipts are issued for donations made to this fund and donations are tax deductible.
In 2009, CFUW Brampton awarded a scholarship to a graduate of St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario. Mithila was a deserving recipient, having excelled at school and demonstrated a commitment to school and community volunteer work.
Please click here to read the whole article.
In 2014, CFUW Brampton gave awards to female students going on to university from the following schools in Brampton
- Cardinal Ambrozic S.S. - Panuga Thiyagasothy
- Cardinal Leger S.S. - Francene Segado
- Holy Name of Mary S.S. - Saraneya Maheswaran
- Notre Dame S.S. - Marielle Belanger
- St. Augustine S.S. - Nadine Polgar
- St. Edmund Campion S.S. - Alexandra Reynolds
- St. Marguerite d'Youville S.S. - Dominique Bower
- St. Roch S.S. - Emily Tac
- St. Thomas Aquinas S.S. - Dominique Previlon
- Bramalea S.S. - Taryn Parker
- Brampton Centennial S.S. - Hufsa Khan
- Central Peel S.S. - Neharika Medak
- Chinguacousy S.S. - Nikita Chauhan
- David Suzuki S.S. - Zoya Chahal
- Fletcher's Meadow S.S.- Sara Fazal
- Harold M. Brathwaite S.S.- Sumeet Dhami
- Heart Lake S.S. - Prabhjot Khabra
- Louise Arbour S.S. - Nadia Geer
- Mayfield S.S. - Alyssa Ramuscak
- North Park S.S. - Vamika Mann
- Sandalwood Heights S.S.- Ameerah McLean
- Turner Fenton S.S. - Prakriti Rao